Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to work

I made it through my first day back to work. The whole thing was so surreal, I don't think I fully comprehended what happened to me. I think that tomorrow will be more difficult.

Bubbee decided to wake up up 5:10AM this morning. I let him babble for a while before going to get him. When I came back in to the room Rus was holding him and again he scared me. At about 6:50, I decided it was time for me to get ready. Wyatt hadn't fallen back asleep so I woke Rus and put Wyatt in his crib with his mobile on.

Rus and Wyatt dropped me off at work. I ended up getting in around 8am. We stopped by Arizmendi on the way in for some pastries for the office. I should have thought about the fact that it was after New Years and no one was touching sugar. Actually, some people were because I left them in the kitchen and they were gone in no time.

I "worked" through lunch so I guess I was there eight hours. I can't say I did all that much. Went through emails, submitted forms to get my passwords and connections re-established. Chatted with my officemate Kathleen quite a bit. I talked to Sarah. I stopped by her office and she had a beautiful black and white photo of her two kids on her desk. I had . . . a small wallet size photo I happened to have put in my wallet. Bad mom! Tina desperately wanted to give me work, but was also trying to keep herself in check so as not to overwhelm me.

My boss gave me a ride home. Rus had planned to meet me with Wyatt in the stroller on the way, but the sky looked like rain and Wyatt was asleep anyway.

Wyatt looked genuinely happy to see me when I got home at around 4:30. I fed him, played with him, bathed him, read to him and he was asleep by 7ish. So I didn't see him for that long. Actually we had a good two hours in the morning.

In some ways it was nice to be at work and think about intelligent things for once. Not that Rus and I don't have intelligent conversations, but we mostly talk about Wyatt.

I think that tomorrow is going to be a very different experience. I will actually realize that work isn't going away and Wyatt is going to be apart from me a lot.

Rus made it through the day with flying colors. I had called him and left a message and then called again later when I hadn't heard from him. I had some nerve calling at noon when I knew Wyatt would be eating! (I really should have thought of that.) Rus didn't get to nap. His eyes are totally blood shot, which usually happens when he is really tired.

This is going to be a difficult and interesting arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.