I will admit that I did not make it to midnight. Rus was up, having just fed Wyatt, so he and Wyatt enjoyed Wyatt's first NY together. Wyatt even got a kiss from dad to mark the occasion. I managed to say "Happy New Year" when Rus came to bed.
Wyatt is still waking up at about 5:45AM and lying there babbling to himself. Jane is still scratching on the door at 4:45 after Wyatt stirs and goes back to sleep. Her most recent attempts have been more feeble though. Rus didn't even have to throw a pillow at her this morning.
So, in general the morning wake up is going pretty well. It's the eating that isn't going well right now. He takes around 50ML and then gets really upset. I am sure it is those damn haberman nipples. We tried the pidgeon again, but that didn't work so well either.
Rus is trying to feed Wyatt right now. Wyatt isn't having any of it and is insisting on sitting up. The sitting up part is cool, the not eating - not so cool.
Actually, I just stopped to film Rus feeding Wyatt so some day we can show Wyatt what a pain he was. It was funny at first, but then just sad. I think he really is hungry and we are not sure what to do.
I posted on the Cleftadvocate board about the problem we are having with the haberman nipples. Apparently, we aren't the only ones. You would think that the craniofacial clinic would have warned us about this! One mom reported she chewed on the end of the nipple in order to soften it up for her kid. Perhaps we can employ Jane in our efforts.
We have got lots of Wyatt video, but our internet access just doesn't cut it for uploading movies. I was looking in to burning to a DVD, but I some how have three DVDs worth already. That seems suspicious. Rus thinks I can compress it. I may just buy memory sticks and mail them that way.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.