Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Various updates

Wow. It's really getting hard to keep this thing up to date. I get home around 5:15, I hang out with Wyatt until 7pm when he goes to sleep. I eat dinner and then I veg out until around 9:30 when I go to bed.

Speaking of bed. Wyatt woke up at 4am this morning, but we waited and he went back to sleep until 5:15. We have been trying really hard to get him in to bed a consistent time. Today we had a hard time getting him to sleep because he fell asleep during the walk home. Rus and Wyatt met me when I walked home from work. I held him to get him to fall asleep, but he kept smiling at me. He would close his eyes for a couple of seconds and then open them and smile at me. He's such a sweet little guy.

Wyatt's eating has been great the past couple of days. He seems to really like pears. He isn't so fond of bananas or peaches.

He has definitely mastered rolling on to his back. As soon as we roll him on to his stomach, he rolls right back.

He grabs things, including my glasses. Today when I was feeding him he grabbed my pinky on the hand I was holding the spoon with and then directed the spoon towards and away from his mouth. Rus took a video today where Wyatt was grabbing the camera.

He is starting to get bored with his toys. We haven't opened the ball machine yet. According to the box, he is too young still, but I am getting desperate. I can only imagine how Rus feels. We were going to borrow the exersaucer from Tammy and Ron, but Sharon, the PT was down on them. I kind of expected that. We decided against using it.

Wyatt has become more vocal. Still not much use of consonants, but he ohs and ahs a lot. He also screechs. We joke that Jessie, the dog downstairs, is probably climbing the walls. We are constantly saying "ma" to him, which just makes him smile and on occasion say "aaaa" back at us.

His teeth can actually be seen ever so slightly when he smiles now. We have started brushing them before he goes to bed. Although I forgot tonight.

We had PT with Sharon last week. We did make an appointment for this week, but canceled because our RCEB PT, Lisa Katzman, visited on Monday. I was at work, so I can't tell you exactly what happened. I have been asking Rus to make an update, but he hasn't gotten around to it. She thinks that Wyatt "couldn't be any cuter." So true.

She worked with him a little bit, most was filling out forms. She thinks that Wyatt puffs out his chest, which throws his head back and that is why he slides down when he is sitting. I think his sliding is purposeful though so I am not sure about that theory. She wants us to work on getting him to start touching his toes. She told Rus that preemies often have a hard time touching their toes. I wonder why? She also told Rus that she would not have even been able to tell he has torticollis. That's great it seems to be resolved.

She is going to work out a time to start coming on Fridays so I can be there too.

Taking Fridays off is working really well. I love having the three days off. It is nearly perfect.

That's about the only thing that is perfect about work. I am having such a hard time caring about my job. What a bore and how worthless! I need to make a career change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.