Poor Jane. Turns out she was falsely accused of scratching the door yesterday and this morning. It was in fact the Babbee. I determined this after whisper-yelling "NO" at my closet door and then finding Jane sleeping on the bed looking at me.
Wyatt is managing to turn himself 90 degrees in his crib so that his hands and feet run against the side of the crib. I almost moved him this morning back to his original position, but I didn't want to encourage him to wake up. Of course, I can't sleep with the noise either . . .
Wyatt also got up closer to five this morning. I am sure due to his very poor eating yesterday. I have managed to get slightly more in to him today so far, but he is still having issues.
I can also say that the prune juice is not working wonders, and we are having a hard time getting him to take much of it, and we don't want to fill up his stomach with juice and water. On the other hand, he probably needs the water if he is constipated. He did poop once yesterday almost immediately after the prune juice, which made me think it wasn't the prune juice at all. And it wasn't the windfall I expected.
Usually when he misses a day he poops 3+ times the next day. Nothing like that has happened. I also put a tablespoon of prune juice in to his bottle this morning and no luck. He tried to poop at least once, but nothing happened.
I think that I am going to have to resort to a glycerin suppository. Rather WE are going to have to resort to a suppository. And by WE, I mean Rus and I. I took his temperature rectally yesterday. I feel I have done my duty.
Poor Wyatt.
I have been trying to convince Rus that we need to get Wyatt an exersaucer so Wyatt can be more self-entertaining. Wyatt certainly likes to be upright and the assisted sitting is getting old. I think he is frustrated. I propped him up in the corner of the couch yesterday and he seemed to really enjoy that, but he couldn't move his arms much. He is still too afraid to reach out while sitting. He grips his pants legs usually.
I have noticed he is reaching his right hand out more and looking at it. Hopefully, the left isn't far behind. The doctors and PT look for symmetry. It's not uncommon in kids with torticollis for them to develop one side over the other since they prefer to look to a certain side.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.