Let's start with the bad though. First, Wyatt decided to wake-up at 1:45. We waited, but he would not go back to sleep. I asked Rus if he wanted to take care of Wyatt now, or at 5am. He said 5am so I got up. I tried giving Wyatt a bottle, which is probably a bad thing to do. He only took 3 oz and I tried for 45 minutes to get him back to sleep. I finally thought he was asleep, but as soon as I put him back in his crib he woke up. I left him there thinking he might fall asleep again, but he did not. I said an expletive and Rus said he would try. Mind you Rus had only gone to bed at around 1am. He has been having insomnia lately. Wyatt finally woke up for the morning at 6am. I asked Rus whose turn it was and I got "Ummmm." So I got up.
Second, I cut Wyatt's thumb when I trimmed his nails today. He was asleep at the time so he woke momentarilty to scream and then went back to sleep. I felt horrible. And I still had to trim his other hand, which I did later. Without incident.
The computer isn't recognizing my camera and the memory card is full.
Now on to the good things!
Wyatt rolled on to his stomach twice today. Rus had seen him on his stomach yesterday, but didn't see him roll. I actually saw him roll twice. He seemed really delighted at his new found trick. So, getting up early to see that was definitely worth it.
He also managed to disconnect some rings that were hanging on his play mat.
Later in the day when I was holding Wyatt he started making a fisted motion towards his mouth. It looked to me like he was saying "I am hungry feed me". I asked Rus if he had seen Wyatt do that before. He had not. He did not share my interpretation of the gesture. I have to admit that I felt (and still feel) stupid for thinking Wyatt was miming being fed with a spoon to tell me he wanted to be fed.
I decided to try feeding him anyway. I made a bowl of oatmeal. I tried to keep it small, but it got big. I also thought it might be too thick, but Wyatt seems to like things thicker. He ended up eating the whole bowl. It was amazing. I then tried a little peas, but he wasn't too interested. For his dinner meal, I gave him more oatmeal and pears and he ate it all. Mind you this isn't a huge 4oz size portion. It is more like 3T. in total. For Wyatt, that is huge. It's much more than I have seen him eat before. Of course, I was feeding him after his bottles when he was probably full, if I fed him the solids first he would get frustrated because it wasn't fast enough. I guess he is ready to switch now.
So, it was a very good day. We also realized that today Wyatt is now five months adjusted.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.