Wyatt finally had that grand poo we were hoping for. And his appetite finally improved a bit. Now we are just working on getting him a new nipple that works for him. We bought a Dr. Brown bottle with size 4 nipples. A few people on cleftadvocate.org recommended using that with a pidgeon bottle valve. We haven't tried it yet because he seems to be eating OK with the haberman now.
GG came by and fixed our kitchen faucet and installed new shower curtain rods. Pascal, the French plumber, will be coming by some time next week to fix the shower.
We looked at exersaucers today. Boy, they are expensive! I decided to leave the decision up to Rus. I thought he might like to have something to put Wyatt in to keep him relatively safe and occupied. It would also help Wyatt learn to keep himself upright I think. We decided that Rus will see how it goes this week before we make a decision.
We got my necklace fixed. And we met up with Jeff, Kiersten and Zoe to exchange presents, at a distance because they all were getting over colds. We were supposed to go out to dinner, but thought it might be better to wait. There is also a little reunion of Concord HS people next weekend and they will all be there.
We also went by Old Navy so I could buy myself new pants a size larger. Sigh. That's all I needed, but I can't really be surprised . Oh well, time to start walking to work a few days a week.
Wyatt was doing a much better job of reaching out for objects today. He grabs things when they are hanging, but hadn't really when we offer something to him. Today he did grab for an offered object. So, there's a great improvement. He still prefers to grab with the right, but he is also using the left more.
Unfortunately, Wyatt also had a pretty painful reflux episode. He cried for about 40 minutes. I think I may have seen a little dried blood around his nose. I have to remember to get Rus to check later. If it is blood, I will email Dr. Mian. She still hasn't responded to my email from Thursday, but I imagine there is a good chance she is out of the office this past week.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.