Saturday, March 8, 2008

15w1d

I finally went out and bought some yarn for making a baby blanket. I chose a dark teal. I think that the woman in the yarn store was a little surprised at my choice as she kept suggesting light, pastel acrylics. Both she and Rus were really into the whole machine washing thing. I just kept thinking this is heirloom, I will take a picture of the baby with it and then it is going away. Some day I will pull out a chest of baby things, proudly hold it up, and say "This is the blanket I made you. I'm great, no?" The baby won't be sleeping nightly with it. He'll have some flannel blanket. Plus, my mom already made the baby a quilt which is totally washable. Plus, there is always the chance I won't finish it until he is five.

I think that it is about time I post some pregnancy pics. Here is my first official pic taken in the middle of typing this post. Note I had a very large falafel lunch.

I still feel pretty good. I am just starting to have a hard time wearing my "regular" clothes. Actually a lot of pants can be worn under the belly so long as I have on a long top. Kind of like what I am wearing in the picture.

And really we should show Teddy too.

You know what they say about husbands having "sympathy" pregnancies. Let's watch his belly too!

I am not seeing too much sympathy yet. He looks pretty good.

We were talking (jokingly) about naming the kid Angus Toro. Angus is Scottish and Toro is "fatty tuna" in Japanese. It turns out the initials are then ATM. So Cash would be a funny nickname. When I was talking to Cris and Paula about this Paula noted it was quite a "beefy" theme since Toro is also bull in Spanish. Cris than suggested Tor as an alternate middle name. It's popular in Sweden. Paula and I both thought Thor and all of a sudden the baby's symbol was a bull with wings holding a hammer in it's tail. (If a girl, a cow with wings.) We also thought we might throw a rat on the bulls back since it is the year of the rat. No we weren't drunk when we thought all of this up.

Rus and I had been thinking about going to the Taste of Chicago. It is around July 4th. I will be around 32w at that point and in the third trimester. Although this pregnancy has been easy, I don't know if I want to be in hot, muggy Chicago surrounded by thousands of people. I asked the people on the PAIF board and the two that had actually been to Taste of Chicago said they wouldn't go although they loved it. Or at least I should get travel insurance. That really got me to thinking because if we canceled at the last minute (so to speak) there wouldn't be more time to figure out another trip. That would be it.

So, Taste of Chicago is out. Alternate, backup plan is in order! However, the only place I have a really, really strong desire to go to is Tokyo and Paris. If we traveled in April or May I think that would be OK. Expensive, but OK. Plus, my credit card miles wouldn't do us any good. Unless I could use them for an overseas hotel. Hmm, I will have to check that out. It's unlikely though. I am also not sure how I feel about going to Japan and not eating Sushi or drinking sake.

I don't know. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget that the alternate girl name for Angus is Agnus :) Yay! ATM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea! I am glad you reminded me of that.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.