Friday, March 28, 2008

Sick (18w)

It started with a lot of sneezing yesterday and a sore throat last night. I kept waking up having to drink water and pee. I don't think I got much sleep, but I stayed home today so I made up for it. The pilot light on the heater went out. Although I figured out how to light it last time, I couldn't do it today. My hands are too weak! What happened to me? I couldn't hold the lighter and press in the primer. So I have been pretty cold.

Also, my pants (these are my favorite stiped lounging/sleeping pants) split down the back. I knew my belly was getting big, but I guess so is my ass.

Jane has started hanging out in the tub. I have had to pick her up twice and remove her. She is actually licking around the drain. What a weirdo. Last night when I wanted to take a shower she moved to the other end of the tub so I turned on the water and let the tub fill up slightly. That got her out pretty quick. FM cringed.

I signed us up for a child birth class in June. It is two hour hour sessions on Saturday June 7th and 14th.

I talked to Dr. Coulam yesterday and had a very interesting conversation. Apparently, I am in the golden trimester, not because of energy and nauseousness, but because the NK cells don't matter so much. In the first trimester, they can cause miscarriage, in the third they can cause Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR). That's interesting because I just was reading about IUGR in relationship to antiphospholipid syndrome. My last APA panel came back normal. So, this paired with the amnio results things are going really well. I can let my guard down slightly. I might actually think about doing a little window shopping for the little guy.

Dr. Walton actually called me that night at home to make sure I got the drugs and had the nurse call me the next day. Plus, he gave me his home phone number. Clearly, he has a sixth sense about frantic anxious patients!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.