Thursday, December 4, 2008

Campaign "Tummy Time"

So today we officially launched campaign "tummy time." Wyatt was not thrilled. We used the little pillow that we borrowed from Tammy (it came with the exercise mat). Once I actually figured out how to use it, it was very helpful. Unfortunately, because I am apparently incompetent, I had it too far down under his belly and I was making him do a face plant. No wonder he was so unhappy. His little back legs were totally going too, but he couldn't get his head up so he moved along like a "snow plouw" as Rus put it. His face being the plow.

After adjusting the pillow and holding down his butt a little, he got a good head lift. He looked so surprised! His head often falls to the side, mostly the right which is his weaker side. I think that the torticollis is causing part of the problem.

I can't tell you how happy Rus and I were to see him lift his head. What a relief to see it. He got a ton of praise and kisses. I think that once he gets the arms up he will be ready to crawl in no time. His legs are definitely ready to go.

We also worked on grabbing things. He grabs my hair just fine, but that's not so nice. He can't seem to let go. I had better start wearing it up. We are working on grabbing some small rattles. He is definitely improving.

Wyatt slept in until 5:40am this morning. That was also really nice. Unfortunately, I still wake up a lot at night with him stirring, and Rus stirring, and Jane stirring. Sometimes I just wake up. I have decided I can't just wake him up to feed him because I happen to wake up.

The only problem we have right now is with his eating. He starts out fine, but after an ounce or two he gets really upset and has no interest in eating. We have to try and calm him down before trying again. We get a little in him, calm him down, and so on and so on. A lot of times it happens when I stop to burp him. He is also off his binky. That's pretty shocking. I doubt that this is permanent, but certainly trying for us. Wyatt doesn't seem all to happy about any of it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.