PT went really well today. Sharon thinks he is doing great. He even lifted his head for quite a while and then rolled himself over on to his back. I think that Sharon was surprised since last week he didn't even lift his head. We brought his pillow, so he was cheating a bit, but still it was a lot of progress. He worked really hard last weak. He also worked really hard at PT and was pretty good about all the handling. We are going back next week.
We also saw the OT for feeding. She also thinks he is doing great. I mentioned that the Haberman nipple seemed to have a small range of acceptability. Too new and he can't get enough, too old and his mouth gets flooded. She said that another mom had mentioned just that same thing last week. She wants to call the manufacturer and mention this. The other mom switches between a Pidgeon and Haberman to some how make things work. Stacey only recently started to hear this complaint. I am glad to know we are not the only ones having that problem. She wants us to come back when he moves to eating rice cereal. She said we should speak to the GI doctor when we see her next week. Dr. Mian might not want us to start the rice cereal with his reflux.
We still haven't quite sorted out the bottle yet. He keeps taking small amounts and we feed him more often. I don't want to get up at 2AM! Rus was kind enough to take over the 3:30AM shift last night. I woke up to Bubbee crying and neither Rus nor Wyatt were in the room with me. Rus slept on the couch with Wyatt next to him.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.