I ended up consenting to taking donated PTO. I have no idea how much I will get, but as my co-workers pointed out I will come back with no PTO and if Wyatt gets sick, I will be in big trouble. I think that two days will be more than enough. I better not go on vacation this year . . .
I spent a lot of time talking to my office mate Kathleen. I don't think I completely turned her off of having children . . . I just have some issues I need to work out. It's a lot harder than I imagined. I mean, people tell you, but until it happens it's too theoretical to understand completely.
I visited Sabrina. She is 6 months pregnant. I made the mistake of mentioning the study on WebMD about birth defects like cleft lip/palate and septal defects being more common in IVF babies. It made me feel better to know that somehow. Like it meant that it wasn't something I did while I was pregnant. She is now totally freaked out and asked why they couldn't determine by ultrasound that something was wrong.
A lot of my co-workers wanted to know what we planned for day care. I told them that my husband was going to take care of Wyatt for now since he is freelance at home. One women couldn't believe it. "He can change diapers and knows how to give a bath?" she asked. Of course I said! Her "youngest" is 23 and I think culturally diapers and baths are not daddy work.
I got a Christmas card from my co-worker Sara - the one who is out on maternity leave too. I can't believe she already sent out Christmas cards. Good grief. And all the pictures on the card where from a professional photo sitting. I was all set to order some photo cards today, but Rus thinks we need to take some more pictures first. He doesn't like our family photo. It is too dark.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.