Tuesday, December 2, 2008

PT (12/2/2008)

We went back to physical therapy today. We saw the first person we went to after Wyatt was released from NICU. The one that told us he was not hypertonic. Today she said he was slightly, but that Dr. Malhotra would probably find that we was better now. What? He wasn't, now he is, but that is better.

His torticollis is better. I guess changing the arrangement of his crib, changing table and swing has helped him. Still, he needs more work. We go back in a week.

He also had some good movement and was very vocal. The problem is his head. He isn't holding it steady. That might be slightly due to the torticollis and the fact that he spends little to no time on his stomach. The less time he spends on his stomach, the harder it will be to get him to spend time on his stomach. I am afraid the cause may be more sinister. I am getting worried again.

The PT pushed the regional center again. I said we weren't sure what we were going to do. We already have so many appointments. I am also not sure that I want to add yet another group of people in to the mix giving us information. On the other hand, I have been debating whether we should get a second opinion with a neurologist. I don't think that regional centers sends out neurologists, but it might be helpful. Or annoying. I don't know.

Wyatt did not eat well today. In a misguided attempt to help things I switched him back to sensitive stomach and he spit up quite a bit. He just doesn't want the bottle (or binky for that matter) in his mouth. So he was pretty mad at PT and spit up once. I think probably it's that his nose is stuffed from the cold. Poor little guy. Hopefully the poor eating doesn't continue tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.