We ended up taking Wyatt to the doctor today in addition to physical therapy. The rash on his face is getting worse and since we are going to be out of town next week I just wanted to make sure it wasn't infectious. It isn't. We were told to put 1% hydrocortisone ointment on his face twice a day. Wyatt was also weighed and is 13lb 15.8oz. Don't get too excited though. He had his diaper and socks on. I would knock off a three ounces for those. Still, that means he gained weight since Tuesday and that's a great thing.
He has actually been eating voraciously today. He was eating every three hours instead of four. I think part of the problem with him not sleeping through the night is he just can't eat enough during the day to give up that extra night feeding. In fact, instead of eating more, he is mostly eating more often. He did have two nearly five oz feeds today though. If we hadn't have gone to the doctor and PT and gotten things messed up I think his total for the day would be close to 800ML.
His last feed was at 10:40 last night and he stirred at 1am. Luckily, he feel back asleep again until 4:30am, but then he wanted to eat. He wanted to eat bad. And so he ate.
Maybe because he didn't get a full feed before PT or because he is not used to the pre-mix formula we fed him on the go, he was super grouchy at PT. He cried A LOT. Sharon thought maybe he was uncomfortable. She said it wasn't the usual fussing of last week.
Wyatt is just a fussy little guy. I honestly don't know what his problem is. When we go out he just tends to lose it.
Yesterday, the Regional Center of East Bay (RCEB) called to find out more about Wyatt. They evaluated him as if he was 1-3 months. I said Kaiser was evaluating him like he was 3.5 months so they did that milestones list as well. The woman told me that if Kaiser was already providing services for the torticollis, hypertonia and head control issues, then they wouldn't duplicate those services. Sharon, the PT at Kaiser, told us today that what RCEB provides is not the same as Kaiser. Kaiser typically does short-term stuff and they look at the children more globally. These people are starting to get on my nerves. I feel like we are being pushed between the two. Not that Sharon has made us feel like they are going to drop us or anything, but RCEB may be a tough nut to crack. Hopefully, we will at least get an evaluation from them because I would sure like a second opinion. The woman from RCEB said that they would review the reports I sent and see if he qualifies as "at risk" in which case they would follow him.
We got a nice surprise in the mail today. A disk with edited Wyatt photos (the first 14 weeks) from grandma and grandpa McLaughlin. The disk was complete with plastic case featuring a picture of Wyatt in the tub in his full glory - Tiddyliwinks all a glow. The very best part is that ALL the photos are carefully labeled with date, age and significant events (like going home, first babysitting). Believe me when I say we are not that organized in this household.
Thanks Patricia and Glynn!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.