We made it in this morning just in time for rounds. Not that we found out much other than that his x-rays were negative for obstructions or necrotizing enterocolitis. Phew! Also, we now know who Dr. Jennis is. He is the attending. He asked how my milk was. I said I didn't really know what to expect and they just stared at me. I told them about an ounce. He wants me to think about trying breastfeeding soon, which shocked me. I told him what the nurse coordinator at craniofacial said and he said even if it is "recreational breastfeeding" it will be beneficial. Rus and I suppressed a giggle at the word recreational. Then one of the other doctors, I think a resident, told me that it is worth it to try, they are different little people.
Talk about mixed messages . . . these people are starting to get on my nerves. I nearly cried again I am getting so frustrated with all this shit. Plus, pumping is hard.
We made it in for his 5:30 feed today with Grandma Dotty. We found Wyatt is doing better on his reduced feeds. Either that or he just really likes nurse Wanda. We also found out that he is still pooping meconium and they are looking for breast milk stools. If he doesn't poop breast milk soon he is going to get a glycerin suppository. I gave Wyatt a pretty serious warning about it. After Wanda took all his vitals he was pretty wide-awake and we had a nice hold.
Grandma Dotty brought Wyatt some colorful rings. We put some up in his isolette along with three pictures: Jane, Wyatt and I, and one of Rus, Chris, Eric, Kami, David and I. I think he will like looking at his new pictures and rings. We had been meaning to decorate a bit for like a week now. Thankfully Grandma got us going!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.