Wyatt is back to his old sweet self today. We had a really good visit. He was awake when we got there, but swaddled like a burrito. He was quiet and serious. He reminded me a little of pictures of my brother Chris when he was a baby. Such a serious little face.
We had a little breastfeeding, I wasn't molested by a nurse. Wyatt is now 4lb 15oz. We were there for rounds, but there isn't anything significant to report. It's same old, same old. I really need to ask them what the plan of action is to get him off the gas.

Wyatt was moved again and is next to his old neighbor Emily. I ran in to Emily's mom last night at the smoothie shop. I found out Emily was born at 26 weeks and has been in NICU for eight weeks already. Her due date is just a couple of days out from Wyatt's. Her parents live in Vallejo. I think that she is still on oxygen too. She is starting recreational breast feeding as well. Emily's mom is always smiling. I don't think that I have ever seen her look stressed or upset. It made me feel ridiculous for feeling sorry for our situation. Rus and I are so fortunate to have Wyatt and to have made it to 32 weeks.
Rus and Marcus set up the crib yesterday. It was only a matter of time before this happened.

She actually laid down and pawed around the edges of the mattress. I think she was wondering where her blankets were. She had a much harder time getting out of the crib than in. I finally had Rus pick her up and take her out. She really doesn't need to get used to spending time in the crib. She was really displeased to be lifted out of her new bed.
We had a good time at Bar Crudo last night. I had two glasses of wine and that was about all I could handle. We talked about our first date, when we first knew that we loved each other and practical jokes we have played on our friends. We (of course) talked about Wyatt and how much we want him home with us. It's only a matter of time!
On the way over to the hospital this morning, we heard a story on NPR about universal healthcare. The focus was on Switzerland and featured a story on a family with a severally autistic child. The mom was saying that she knew there was something wrong by three months because the baby didn't make eye contact. So, Rus and I spent a good deal of time trying to figure out if Wyatt was looking at us. So Rus took a bunch of pictures until he got this one, which we think prove he looked at me!

And he was shocked at what he saw . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.