Sunday, July 20, 2008

Slowing down the feeds

An update from our evening visit:

They backed off Wyatt feeds from 25 to 20cc and his residuals are slowly coming down. The doctor we spoke with earlier in the day told us they weren't going to do another x-ray, but Dr. Lee (the intern) decided to play it safe and ordered another for tomorrow morning.

Wyatt had a blow-out diaper, which nurse Lee changed (bless him), that might have something to do with his feed problems. If they get a little backed up, they don't digest as quickly. Wyatt has been pooping, but seems like he had more to give. Since they backed off to 20cc again, his residuals had been slowly coming down. The residual Julia measured was 3cc. That's a big improvement!

We didn't hold him, which means I didn't get a hold today! He just seemed too agitated and upset and we didn't push it with the nurse. We did spend some time talking to him and touching him, mostly just by cupping his head.

Rus asked me for a description of his diaper, since I got a brief look. I told him the poop was all over his butt and even on his balls. Rus started laughing uncontrollably and had to extract his hand from Wyatt's head lest me make Seadog angrier by jiggling him.

He hasn't had a raisin poop since that one day.

Oh and my pumping has gone up to an ounce. That might be due to the Mother's Milk tea, the fenugreek, more sleep or holding Wyatt skin-to-skin. I like to think it's because I held Wyatt the last two days skin-to-skin.

I have started bleeding today. Could I be getting my period? Seems unlikely, but why else would I be bleeding? I don't like to contemplate the other reasons why I might be bleeding. I guess I need to keep an eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.