We both went to the "Mother's Milk" lactation support group. It was us and one other couple, another women showed up as we were leaving. The other couple had a full-term infant so I am not sure what their issue was. The lactation consultant has recommended I try fenugreek and Mother's Milk tea. Frankly, I was a little surprised that they recommend herbals, but I am willing to try anything really.
The lactation consultant also thinks that it is still early for me. A lot of NICU moms take up to two-weeks for their milk to come in. At this point, his feeds are so small I can more than keep up with them. However, he is also receiving nutrition and fats through his PICC line. I think that our biggest challenge is going to be feeding and keeping his weight. Both because of his cleft palate and because of my low milk supply. I think we will have a better idea next week.
Which reminds me the nurse from craniofacial did not call me back today. Grr. And the man from the business services office didn't stop by NICU to pick up with work paperwork to add Wyatt to my plan. I am still trying to figure out about my leave for work.
Still, I am one happy momma when I am holding my little guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.