The first time Wyatt was sound asleep so not much happened, but on the two occasions since, he had been a little more exploring. Actually, he looks more frightened then anything. He gets a bit of a crazed look and one eye goes cross-eyed. Tonight he did a little better and actually looked for my breast a couple of times. I did a little better with him after Rus left. Rus and I have started this Sean Connery routine involving the word "titty" (Saturday Night Live reference) that has me bursting out with hysterical fits of laughter. It's hard to try to breastfeed when you are jiggling.
Wyatt was moved from his isolette to a bassinet this evening, which is good because it means he can maintain his temperature without assistance. We will see if he is still in it tomorrow.
They have also upped his feed again, to 30cc this time, and if he tolerates that they are going to stop his TPN. After 24 to 48 hours if he seems OK, they will remove the PICC line. It would be nice to have the PICC line gone. I hate that thing, but I would also hate to think he would need to have it replaced later if he loses too much weight.
Speaking of weight - Wyatt is now 4lb 10oz and 18 inches. He will soon grow out of the premie clothes I bought him!
He had a massively poopy diaper when I changed him in the morning. It took a number of wipes and some rigorous scrubbing to get it all off. I was delighted, of course, because it was all milk stools and he had already given nurse Pat a super-poopy diaper earlier that day. That means that things are moving and his residuals should be less of a problem. I should have taken a picture of it!
I had lunch with Tina, Kathleen and Rose from work. The people from work got me some major things like the Maclaren stroller and playard. Crazy. We got the swing from Kami and Eric. My old boss from BSC (Chris) sent us the snap and go stroller, What to Expect and a "wonky wiggler."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.