So I did a little of online research. I was never sure if the insertion of the cord was vilamentous or filamentous. After looking, I think is was velamentous insertion. This just means:
However, in approximately 7% of single births the insertion point occurs at the very edge of the placenta (marginal insertion) and in about 1% of cases, the umbilical cord does not insert into the placenta at all, but the fetal vessels ramify through the external membranes before entering the placenta (velamentous insertion).
I also think that the placement of the cord was marginal. The problems just pile up. These problems are so rare . . . you have to wonder if it was IVF or ICSI that some how caused the problem. I would love to talk to Chetkowski about all of this.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.