Recently, we were taught how to change Wyatt's diaper, along with taking his temp. I was nervous, of course, but got him all cleaned up and changed. The nurse asked if he pooped and I said no. Later I saw another nurse change a diaper and there was a little tiny bit of black, like little specks, on the diaper and she called it a smear. I thought to myself how stupid of me, how much did I think he was going to poop and there were a couple of black specs on the diaper I changed. I confessed to Rus and my mom that I was expecting a raisin size poop and we all laughed.
Well, this morning I changed his diaper and low and behold what did I find but a raisin size poop in his diaper. I was so happy I kept telling him what a good boy he was and I even talked about it after we left. I wish I would have taken a picture.
Poop is very important when you have jaundice. Pooping out the billyrubin is a good way to get rid of it so the poop was a very reassuring sign. Wyatt went off his UV light today and I think it was all due to an amazing raisin size poop.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.