Wyatt doesn't have VCF. His chromosome analysis came back normal. Phew! I know it was only a remote chance, but I am relieved!
We found out during rounds today. We also found out during rounds that someone had charted that Wyatt had his whole feed by bottle. Actually, he had 16 out of 57ML by bottle. I didn't catch it because Dr. Curry speaks so softly, but Pat heard her and questioned it. It must have been the nurse from last night.
She (the nurse from last night) also wrote down that Wyatt gained 95 grams so he is 6lb 7oz. I wonder if that is really true though.
We got to the hospital late this morning so Pat already started his feed. He was lightly asleep so bottle feeding probably wouldn't have happened anyway. I held him and he fidgeted for a while and then fell very soundly asleep. He didn't even wake up when I put him down. He seems to like me singing to him. So I sang him the Go To Sleep Wyatt song which only has two lines:
Go to sleep Wyatt
It's OK to go to sleep
and the rest I make up . . . Rus was pleased that Wyatt has his first song. (I have made up a number of great songs for Jane.)
I tried some other songs, real songs, but I find I don't know the words to many so I end up humming.
Pat said she was going to try and bottle feed him at his noon feeding.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.