She also said he was likely a little upset because he is so full. They are really pushing the calories and he is probably getting more milk than he would normally drink at one feeding. He probably is a little uncomfortably full.
Anyway, after clearing out the air from both ends, Rus tried the bottle again and Wyatt ended up taking 13ML, which is pretty good. We spent time talking to and singing to Wyatt. I really think Wyatt enjoys listening to Rus. By the time I got back from pumping, Wyatt was just going to sleep. Clearly, Rus and Wyatt have a special bond.
I don't feel threatened. . .
I should have mentioned that during our early visit Pat told us she would try and put Wyatt in to a crib. She told us we can bring in a mobile, music or a tape recording of our voices. I think that maybe Rus will bring in Strong Poison to read to Rus. That is the book he read to Wyatt while he was still inside me.
Now that Wyatt is a little older he needs a little more stimulus. I guess I am confused. I thought he would be acting like a normal newborn at this point. Instead he is awake so much. I didn't think a normal newborn needed that much stimulus. God, I know so little about babies. I didn't bother to read anything because I figured he would be so different and behind that I would have time. I guess I should get my butt in gear and read up on taking care of newborns.
I thought a lot today about going back to work for a month, but I don't think that makes sense at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.