Breastfeeding just isn't working. I have come to terms with that and it doesn't make me upset anymore. The important thing is to get him home and that is going to be with bottle feeding. I know that now.
The whole thing did make for some funny pictures though.
I do worry a little bit about bonding. He isn't at home being cared for by us and if I don't breastfeed, well, it seems like we lose those bonding opportunities. However, we are doing the best we can given the circumstances.
The other thing that Elizabeth did that I haven't seen any other nurses do is respond to his crying. Most of the time the nurses just leave us be to figure it out, but in this case she thought his taping was pinching his face and she fixed it. He seemed improved after that. She also checked his tummy for air and he did have quite a bit.
Kami and Eric came for a visit. Unfortunately, Miss Kylee can't come in to NICU. I can't wait for her to meet Wyatt, but probably better that her first sight of him isn't with a bunch of tubes coming out of his nose and wires from his body. Wyatt was asleep in his bassinet when Kami and Eric visited. Hopefully, they will get to see him awake today.
At our evening visit Wyatt stayed asleep pretty much the whole time. He did have a brady while we were there. He had had such a good day up until that point. I could honestly say I had noticed a marked improvement at our earlier visit. It was during his feed, so that isn't as bad as if he had had it while he was asleep. Later he had some milk come out his nose. He must have spit up or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.