So, I did the same thing that neurologist did - I didn't say what the good news was. Wyatt makes eye contact and shows interest in his environment. He responds appropriately to soothing sounds and "angry" sounds. I don't think that the doctor used the word "angry," but I don't remember specifically what word he used. So, that is good.
Wyatt took 30ML with the nuk nipple from Nurse Nancy in the afternoon and next to nothing from me this morning and Rus this evening. We had to wake him up for his evening feeding again. I don't understand why he isn't registering hunger and waking himself up. I don't really understand Wyatt. He really didn't want to wake up to be fed this evening. Are we not being aggressive enough with him?
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe nurses have fed hundreds, perhaps thousands, of babies and have become very efficient at "getting the job done." You and
ReplyDeleteRus are rookies at this point and
will become more efficient with time and practice!
How many feedings is Wyatt having per day? What is the time span between each feeding?
ReplyDeleteHe was every 2oz every three hours. Then 2oz whenever he woke up, but not to go past 4 hours. Now, they are increasing up to 3oz every four hours. He is supposed to bottle feed "as tolerated" then the rest to be gavaged.
ReplyDeleteI don't think the fact that the nurses are using different nipples every shift is helping. Also, the NNP said maybe he doesn't like the new room he is in. It's too noisy.