Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dr. Baker does show up after all

We called twice - once at two and once at five - and we were told neither Dr. Baker or the OT showed up. When we were leaving the hospital around 7:30, we were told by Nurse Aiyana that the doctors examined Wyatt, but the nurse didn't know why. She said that they planned to update us during rounds on Monday morning. That brought on an onslaught of questions from me. While I am sure if they found anything serious, they would have called us, I still wanted to know why since Dr. Curry had examined him earlier in the day. I had been curious about that, but had reined myself in.

So Aiyana went to find a doctor and then we waited for Dr. Alexander to show up. It seems that Baker had shown up after all. He does not think the Wyatt has PRS or any other obvious abnormalities (the word "cute" in reference to Wyatt was thrown around). There is one other very rare syndrome or sequence (Belle something, I will look it up later) that he might have that they would have to perform genetic testing on.

I asked if he had this thing, would that explain his breathing problems. Dr. Alexander said no.

Dr. Baker said he would be there at Monday rounds to talk with us and perform a more thorough examination. We will speak with him then. I am not sure I want Wyatt labeled. We will have to see what the possible advantages would be if he was diagnosed with this condition, however rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.